Spending Confession...

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Confession... gosh. I can't believe I'm even going to put this in writing. 

We're willy-nilly spenders. (That's not the whole confession. More to come later in a different post, stay tuned...)

We're willy-nillyers. Yes, I said it. We don't have a savings plan. At ages 42 and 40 (me) respectively, my DH and I are living paycheck to paycheck. I'm sure many Americans are doing the same. I wonder if there is a statistic for that? Hmmm... information to find out I'm sure. But with one child graduated this year and going to college while living at home (another child still in school), our budget is being stretched. We're paying for her college as much as we can. We also had to buy a newer car this year after our van choked on its own smoke. So you can imagine the loan amount and insurance I'm paying for that purchase. DH also started a different job last fall that is paid considerably less that he was paid before (but infinitely more enjoyable) so we're still adjusting to having less. We're living like we have more.

I don't know what set me off this week but I started thinking about coupon shopping again. I tried it a couple years ago but was doing it all wrong, wasn't getting the deals I could have, and was buying things we didn't necessarily need. This time, with the World Wide Web at my fingertips I'm learning so much. I'm learning the right way and the wrong way to do things. 

Today was my first attempt at couponing. Yesterday I set myself all up. I'll share about that in the next post. This is enough for an introduction.

0 comments:

Coupon Wisdom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino