Late Night Finds!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Remember this post where I was off and running to Wally World at midnight?! (no, I didn't turn into a pumpkin.) The coupon I was desperate to use was for a birthday present. $10 off Alice in Wonderland Blu-Ray & DVD combo pack. The combo can run as high as $34.95 but Walmart had it for $29.95. See details below.


Alice in Wonderland OP: $34.95, SP: $29.95. C: $10. (DisneyRewards.com)
Littlest Pet Shop Toys (bought 4) OP: $6.94 ea, SP: $5, C: B1G1 free (Coupons.com)
Retail Cost: $62.71
Final Cost: $29.95
Savings: $32.76
52% Savings!

I'm loving this saving for a birthday gift! I can spoil my child and still save money! I would have bought the items anyway but would have probably only gotten the DVD because the Blu-Ray is so expensive. 

Another late night find was last night online. Remember this post, I purchased the Schick Hydro Razer on sale with coupons. I ended up spending $0 (that's counting the $4 of ECB). I'm glad I saved my receipt. (Okay, to be honest, I had not. But I was able to retrieve it from the trash bag outside. NOTE TO SELF: Save all receipts! lol) You can get a full refund by sending in for a rebate, found HERE.

You can only do the rebate once but you can do the deal again since there is a new coupon:
Buy 1 Schick Hydro 3 or Hydro 5 Razor at $8.97, Get $4 ECBs
Use $5/1 coupon from the 6/13 SmartSource insert
Plus a possibility of earning $20 if your shaver has a survey inside to take!  
(info from MoneySavingMom)

Because of the rebate notion, I've added 2 extra sections in my inset notebook. One section for receipts, one for rebate forms showing the date I mailed it off.

Oh, last post I forgot to tell the best part of when I first started my couponing. I had no coupons, no nothing. Then I saw someone's post about how they 'dumpster dive' into the local paper recycling bin. Well, I threw on my shoes, grabbed the teen and went up the street to mine. Being the short (and roundish) person I am, I'm glad I brought the teen. There is no way I would have gotten inside. I threw her in there and she sifted for a 1/2 hour. I came away with I think 6 weeks of different coupon inserts. I'm all set now! Yay! She was happy to grab all the crossword puzzles to do. That was her payment. That and a hot fudge sundae. :)

0 comments:

Coupon Wisdom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino